If you’ve been around my Twitter/Instagram for a while, you’ve probably seen my CD hauls and photos of my CD wall. But now, at the request of my friend Jen, I am posting some photos and giving a sort of “tour” of the wall, telling you all what up on the wall.
I’ve divided the wall into sections, and will now go through each section with you all!
1: This first section includes a combo of memorabilia and CDs.
- When The Night by St. Lucia – I actually have a review of this album over here that you can check out to see my full thoughts on this one!
- My ACL 3-Day Pass for 2013 – Oh, what a beautiful weekend. Third row at Passion Pit, MUSE, missing HAIM because I was young and stupid, etc.
- To Be Loved by Michael Bublé – I actually never listen to this album, but there’s some goodies on here.
- If You Wait by London Grammar – I LOVE LONDON GRAMMAR AND THIS ALBUM IS MY HEART.
- Scars & Stories by The Fray – I consider The Fray to be a childhood love of mine, and this album is HOLY WOW. Their new one, Helios is also spot on fabulousness.
- Language & Perspective by Bad Suns – This album was well-awaited and was well worth the wait. Album review soon!
- The 1975 Concert Memorabilia – If you notice from the whole wall shot, this is to the left of the 1975 panel on the wall. Here sits my ticket and my wristband. Oh, how I miss this night.
2: Taylor Swift Tickets
- This entire section includes tickets from my two Taylor Swift concerts during her Speak Now tour, along with the lovely Pit Pass the kind people behind me gave to me. That girl can put on a show.
3: More tickets and Wristbands!
- On the top is my One Republic and Sara Bareilles tour wristband from last fall. So good. Ryan Tedder is one incredible performer (and can totally rock a fedora).
- Below that is my Ed Sheeran wristband from his + tour. Good show. Good night.
- Last is my ticket from the One Direction show (This is Take Me How tour FYI) which seems to have some sort of stain on it? Who knows. Maybe that is a sweat mark from the amount of dancing I was doing.
4: Ooh goody! More CDs!
- What Did You Expect From The Vaccines? by The Vaccines – Such a good album. Favorites include Post Break-Up Sex and Norgaard.
- The Love Club (EP) – I might love this more than Pure Heroine? I don’t know? Million Dollar Bills is just such a jam.
- Coexist by The xx – A purchase from my NYC trip, and The xx’s sophomore album. Highly, highly recommend this one!
- AM by The Arctic Monkeys – I can definitely appreciate AM, and Knee Socks and Fireside are the faves from here.
- The Blessed Unrest by Sara Bareilles – I’m a massive Sara Bareilles fan, and this album is golden. My favorite is definitely Cassiopeia.
- Fire Within by Birdy – I LOVE BIRDY I LOVE BIRDY I LOVE BIRDY. And this album shows how much she’s grown since her first album, as well as how her songwriting skills have blossomed!
- Overgrown by James Blake – I bought this on Clearance at Waterloo after meeting The 1975 in March (this shows what a nut I am, I was in the right mind to go snooping through the second-hand piles) and bought it because I loved Overgrown. Now, I’ve come to enjoy Life Round Here the most!
- Cavalier by James Vincent McMorrow – I still need to get my tickets for the tour for this album, because I am ready to see these beautiful songs live. Yes, please.
5: MORE CDS
- I Love You. by The Neighbourhood – Such a good album, such a good band, and Let It Go is my favorite. If you haven’t heard of these guys, you’ve been living under a rock. (Or, just haven’t been listening to the radio.)
- Night Time, My Time by Sky Ferreira – You can’t tell what it is because of the stupid glare (these photos were taken using my iPhone) but this IS a Sky Ferreira album. Love her and I Blame Myself is definitely my favorite.
- I Love You. Tour Wristband – my wristband from the I Love You. tour concert in July! Great show.
- Bankrupt! by Phoenix – Not as good as Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix in my opinion, but still a great album.
- Youth by Wild Cub (signed) – I met these guys at a signing and acoustic while they were on tour with Vampire Weekend (when no one knew about them yet) and sadly had to miss their show in Austin. But I’ll be there next time! Love this band.
- Trilogy by The Weeknd – A three disc set of The Weeknd? YES PLEASE. I got this NYC and absolutely adore it. Everyone is always surprised I like The Weeknd, but what can I say?
- All This Bad Blood by Bastille – A gift from my friend, because she supports the fact that I need the Deluxe Edition of this album and the regular one. I’m crazy. I know.
6: OOH LOOK MORE PRETTIES
- Relief by Vacationer – A new found love, but love them. This album has some calmer and also some more upbeat songs that I think are going to great for studying this year.
- Stay Gold by First Aid Kit – Album review coming for this one because OH MY GOSH I’M OBSESSED. My friend Nellie turned me onto this Swedish set of sister and golly. I love it.
- Halcyon by Ellie Goulding – I love Ellie Goulding. What more is to be said?
- The Bones of What You Believe by Chvrches – I was turned onto them by a friend, and I can’t wait to see them at ACL this year. Such a great album!
- Modern Vampires of the City by Vampire Weekend – I want to like Vampire Weekend so much. But I just can’t. I like some of their songs, but others I just don’t get.
- Lights by Ellie Goulding – More Ellie Goulding. No explanation necessary.
Jesus. THE MEMORIES. THE FEELS. Okay, calm down Willa. This is my favorite band, and here we have photos of me and the band, photos of hugging moments, photos of the acoustic I went to, and my signed CD and LP.
This was one of the best days of my life, and so I had to dedicate this area to it.
I don’t really know what else to say here.
And The 1975.
And my favorite CD.
(Seriously I’ve listened to it in it’s entirety an upwards of 300 times.)
Okay, no more words here.
8: HAIM + Phone Case of my life + TFiOS
- The Night Before Our Stars ticket stub. Yeah. Enough said.
- HAIM ticket + wristband – I still can’t believe I won tickets to this show. It was insane. Hardcore love this band and this trio of sisters.
- Phone Case signed by Charli XCX and The 1975 – Both signed in the same day. Charli took up a lot of space, but it’s okay, because so did George. I love this phone case.
And this concludes my CD and other things wall. I hope you enjoyed this tour!